Where do things stand in the San Francisco 49ers QB battle?
Aug 4, 2023, 1:19 PM
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
We are just over a week away from the San Francisco 49ers’ preseason opener in Las Vegas, meaning it’s time to dive into important training camp-related topics.
Steve Wyche, Chief National Reporter for NFL Network, joined Whitey & Watkins on Friday afternoon to talk about the San Francisco 49ers’ quarterback battle, discuss Trey Lance’s current standing in the competition and much more.
Plus: Is San Francisco’s championship window shrinking, or can the 49ers maximize their potential during the next 4-5 years?
- Steve talks about how excited he was to be watching NFL preseason action during Thursday’s Hall of Fame game in Canton, Ohio
- What is it like to watch football at the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Is Trey Lance on “shaky ground” with the San Francisco 49ers?
- How does Steve feel about how the 49ers are approaching the quarterback situation?
- “If Brock Purdy is healthy, he’s the guy.”
- Do the 49ers need to maximize this current window that they’re in?
- Is it ‘championship or bust’ for San Francisco?
- “I think that window is another 3-4 years.”
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here.