NBA reporter on why the Kings are a bigger threat than the Grizzlies
Jul 10, 2023, 8:22 AM
The Athletic’s Marcus Thompson joined Sactown Sports Friday afternoon to talk about the offseason moves by the Sacramento Kings, the Beam Team’s playoff matchup against the Golden State Warriors, and more.
Even though the Kings made “safe” moves this offseason, Thompson believes they were enough to make Sacramento long-term contenders in the NBA’s Western Conference.
“The Kings are right there. I don’t think it was a fluke, I just think it was the first time. As long as they continue to grow, some of that young talent continues to grow like Keegan [Murray] just looks like he’s going to be amazing. I just feel like the Kings are going to be a problem. To me they’re a bigger threat in the West than Memphis,” Thompson said.
Additional topics discussed include:
- What the Kings proved, even in defeat, against the Golden State Warriors in the playoffs
- Thoughts on Sacramento’s offseason moves
- If Steph Curry is happy with the move to bring in Chris Paul and move on from Jordan Poole
- Why the Philadelphia 76ers are a dark-horse contender to land Damian Lillard
- How close does Victor Wembanyama live up to his hype?
- Seeing The Sphere at The Venetian Resort in person