Can the Las Vegas Raiders sustain this level of success?
Nov 7, 2023, 9:06 AM
(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Following a week of many changes that included the firings of head coach Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler, the Las Vegas Raiders delivered a 30-6 win over the New York Giants on Sunday afternoon at Allegiant Stadium.
During Tuesday morning’s edition of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross, former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury joined the show to break down what he saw from the new-look Raiders, questioned if this play can continue, and much more.
Plus: Sean, a USC alumnus, shares his take on Caleb Williams’ emotional display following Saturday’s loss to Washington.
Topics Discussed Include
- Sean and Jason reflect on the Houston Rockets’ blowout win over the Sacramento Kings
- “This is going to happen; losing streaks happen… There is a lot of basketball to be played. I think the Sacramento Kings will respond.” – Salisbury on the Kings
- Thoughts on Caleb Williams’ emotional ending to Saturday’s USC vs. Washington game as the QB was seen crying with his family
- Sean thinks it’s ridiculous that Williams is being criticized for crying after the game
- “For people to come on TV and radio and say ‘I wouldn’t draft him, he can’t lead a team,’ there isn’t a GM that will come to draft day and say, ‘I can’t take him, he cried with his mom.'”
- The Las Vegas Raiders looked like a different team on Sunday in what was the team’s first game after firing head coach Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler
- Is this a one-week honeymoon with the Raiders, or are we seeing signs of change in Las Vegas?
- “Energy and buy-in are amazing… How can you sustain it?” – Salisbury on the Raiders
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
Upcoming Las Vegas Raiders Schedule
- Sunday, November 12th – vs. New York Jets – 5:20 PM PST
- Sunday, November 19th – @ Miami Dolphins – 10:00 AM PST
- Sunday, December 26th – vs. Kansas City Chiefs – 1:25 PM PST
- Bye Week