Jerry Reynolds says Keegan Murray was a better rookie than Peja, Hedo
Jul 14, 2023, 4:00 PM | Updated: Jul 15, 2023, 8:32 am
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Keegan Murray had an impactful rookie season.
Starting 78 games, the Iowa product made the NBA All-Rookie team after setting a new single-season rookie record for the most three-pointers made with 206. He surpassed the previous record-holder Donovan Mitchell.
But where does Keegan Murray stand compared to past Sacramento rookies like Peja Stojaković or Hedo Türkoğlu? Legendary Sacramento Kings broadcaster, coach, and general manager Jerry Reynolds joined Whitey & Watkins Friday, saying he believes Murray was a better rookie than Peja and Hedo.
“I’m not saying he’s going to be better than them in five years, although I wouldn’t say wouldn’t be either,” Reynolds said. “He looks like he could be in a short time frame, that third-best player… Another step going forward and you may have a legitimate star-quality guy.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- His favorite offseason move by the Sacramento Kings
- If Jordan Ford has done enough to earn a contract with the Sacramento Kings
- What are scouts looking for when attending the NBA’s summer league
- The difference between being an assistant coach and a head coach
- Did Neemias Queta do enough this summer to show he’s the Kings’ backup center option?
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.