Coach Luke Loucks says Keegan Murray is ‘finding that confidence’
Jun 30, 2023, 12:53 PM | Updated: 12:55 pm
(Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images)
Sacramento Kings Summer League head coach Luke Loucks is right where he expects to be heading into the California Classic.
On day two of the team’s two-day mini-camp, Loucks met with the media to talk about the amount of practice the guys are going through, why he wants to push the pace even more than last year
When asked about Keegan Murray and his role during Summer League play, the second-year assistant coach said Murray is taking a forward step in many areas. Loucks then provided an analogy that left many smiling.
Keegan Murray joins rookies Colby Jones and Jalen Slawson on the team’s Summer League roster, which debuts Monday against the Golden State Warriors in the California Classic.
“He didn’t have a lot of wiggle. I told him he needs to go salsa dance. There just wasn’t a lot of wiggle to his game or his personality. He walked into Baskin Robins and it was all vanilla. And it was still ice cream, so it was good. But he’s finding a little bit of wiggle. He’s finding that confidence, he’s throwing some sprinkles on.”
READ MORE FROM SACTOWN SPORTS: Sacramento Kings release California Classic roster
Sacramento Kings Offseason Schedule
- Friday, June 30– Free Agent negotiating period begins
- Monday, July 3rd & Wednesday, July 5th – California Classic Summer League at Golden 1 Center
- Thursday, July 6– Free Agents can begin signing deals
- Friday, July 7–Monday, July 17– NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
- August TBD– 2023-24 NBA regular season schedule release
- September TBD– Sacramento Kings training camp begins