Jerry Reynolds says Keegan Murray is ‘more than capable’ of playing small forward
Jul 7, 2023, 12:58 PM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Former Sacramento Kings head coach, Jerry Reynolds, joined Whitey Gleason and Chris Watkins Friday to discuss the Kings’ moves in free agency, how the Domantas Sabonis extension looks and other news leading up to 2023 NBA Summer League. Plus, can Keegan Murray be a starting small forward?
All that and more on Chris & Co.
“[Keegan] was guilty, if anything, of trying to be a good teammate and fit in to a fault. And I think we’re seeing that he’s capable of more, he knows he can do more and we’re seeing him try to do that,” Reynolds said on the show. “And I think he also showed us that he’s more than capable of playing small forward. That’s probably his position going forward. I mean, he’s lively, he can block shots from that position. I think he’s terrific. I think he’s the least of the problems the Kings have.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- How big of an impact will Sasha Vezenkov have for the Kings?
- Could Domantas Sabonis be a No.2 on a championship team?
- What is Keegan Murray’s ceiling in the NBA?
- What is missing from Neemias Queta’s game?
- Jerry’s thoughts on Victor Wembanyama ahead of summer league
- Is Damian Lillard the best Portland Trail Blazer of all-time?
- Jerry’s thoughts on the in-season tournament
Listen to Chris & Co. from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.