Marcus Thompson on the NBA’s attempt to limit stars from resting
Sep 15, 2023, 3:56 PM | Updated: 3:57 pm
(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Marcus Thompson, of The Athletic, joined Zakariah and Henry ‘The High Flyer’ Turner on Friday afternoon to discuss the NBA’s new rule change. After being approved by the NBA Board of Governors on Wednesday, ‘NBA Stars’ will have limitations on when and how often they can be a healthy scratch before organizations receive financial punishment.
Zakaraiah, Henry, and Marcus start the conversation by questioning how the NBA will attempt to enforce this. What’s stopping a player from claiming to be hurt? How can their truthfulness be confirmed or denied?
Also discussed is the sensitivity behind specific wording players and organizations have used in recent years when it comes to resting players. The term “load management” seems to be frowned upon leading the trio to debate how altering the wording could be beneficial to how it’s perceived.
Other topics discussed include:
- Is there growing proof that load management has aided in extending player’s careers?
- How the new rules could impact players like Damian Lillard and James Harden demanding trade requests?
- The complications behind CBA negotiations with the Player’s Association
- Will Chris Paul start for the Golden State Warriors on opening night?
- Does Paul make the Warriors a significantly better team?
2023-24 Preseason Schedule
- Sunday, October 8th – Sacramento Kings @ Toronto Raptors – 5 PM PST (Preseason Opener)
- Wednesday, October 11th – Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers – 7 PM PST (in Anaheim, CA)
- Sunday, October 15th – Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors – 7 PM PST
- Wednesday, October 18th – Sacramento Kings @ Golden State Warriors – 7 PM PST
- Thursday, October 19th – Sacramento Kings vs. Utah Jazz – 7 PM PST
2023-24 Regular Season Schedule
- Tuesday, October 24th – NBA regular season begins
- Wednesday, October 25th – Sacramento Kings @ Utah Jazz – 6 PM (Season Opener)
- Friday, October 27th – Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors – 7 PM (Home Opener)